“IFS” – Intensive Family Services
Family Preservation Support In Your Home
Note: IFS is offered in tandem with Craigwood’s Parent Group program.
All families experience some conflict between their youth and parents and siblings. Sometimes, the conflict elevates to a point where the safety and stability of the home is seriously threatened.
IFS was created through Craigwood’s years of experience and training in family preservation and Multi-Systemic principles. This program is built on the understanding that solutions can only be achieved through engagement and participation of the entire family.
Families that will benefit from our intensive, personalized in-home counselling service include those who:
- May have youth that are at risk of out-of-home placement
- May be experiencing high levels of family conflict
- May be seeking assistance with family re-unification
- May have youth experiencing difficulties at home, school and community
IFS counsellors provide in-home supports, parenting training, youth supports as well as assistance with coordinating and advocating for associated services. Services are flexible, accommodating the unique needs and schedules of each family. The goals for your family may include:
- Help to access and use community resources
- Help parents understand the factors contributing to youth behaviour
- Prevent out-of-home placement of the youth
- Advocate to other services and agencies on behalf of families
- Enhanced parenting skills
- Improved ability to resolve conflict and access community supports
- Improve positive affect and connections between family members
- Enable families to solve problems effectively
- To help the family develop effective communication
Typically, IFS services are:
- Provided for families and youth living in London-Middlesex
- An average of 4-6 hours per week of in-home counselling and support service
- Completed over a 6 to 8 week period
Access to the Intensive Family Services program is provided through our Crisis and Intake Team (519-433-0334).